Travelling to and from the school

The majority of our students attend school via bus.

Travelling by bus

 For children living in Gloucestershire

Your child may be eligible for free school transport

  • If your child goes to the nearest, or nearest available school to your home address and is;
  • 2 miles or more for pupils aged under 8 years
  • 3 miles or more for all pupils aged 8 and over
  • There are extended rights to transport for children over 8 if you are on the following:
  • you are getting the maximum award of Working Tax Credit
  • your child is eligible for free school meals

If you think your child is eligible, please apply for a seat as soon as they are offered a school place.

Please ensure you provide a valid email address as this will be used for correspondence.

Applications can be made here: Free School Transport Application – Gloucestershire Forms

You can also apply by post using the 4-16 school transport application form (DOCX, 89.4 KB)  

Gloucestershire County Council can only provide transport help to and from one address and this should be the child's main, permanent address.


Gloucestershire County Council bus timetables can be accessed here:

School Bus Timetables - Gloucestershire County Council

Parents of children living outside the catchment area who wish their children to travel on Gloucestershire transport

Should contact Transport Section, Shire Hall (Tel: 01452 425408) to find out whether there will be available space on the route involved. If space is available passes have to be purchased from Shire Hall. Please do not contact the bus companies direct.


Spare seat scheme

This scheme is only valid once all pupils entitled to free school transport have been allocated a seat on a service

If a school bus is run by GCC and some seats are not yet occupied, you may be able to buy a travel pass, but it is not guaranteed. Please use the form below to apply online. If your application is successful, (dependent on spare seat capacity) you will be asked to pay a fee. More information with regards fees and how to apply can be found on the GCC website: Spare seat scheme - Gloucestershire County Council


Support available to enable young people with SEND to attend school

Children and young people with special educational needs may get help with travel to school or college but it is not an automatic right. An assessment is made of the child's needs and individual circumstances.

A door-to-door service is provided only in specific circumstances. Children may have to travel to their nearest pick up point.

Travel assistance may include:

  • bus passes
  • cars & taxis
  • mileage paid to parent / personal transport budget
  • minibus

You will need to complete an application form and meet the criteria in order to qualify for help and we will ask for quite a lot of information because:

  • we need to make sure you are eligible for travel assistance
  • if we can offer help, we need to be sure that the arrangements are suitable to meet your child's needs

If you need help with completing the form you can ask staff at the school or college or your health visitor. You can also contact the SEN Travel Enablement Team or  for advice.

SEN Travel Enablement Team
Commissioning for Learning
Shire Hall
Gloucester GL1 2TP

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If we can't help we will let you know and tell you how you can appeal against our decision.

For children living in Warwickshire (except Shipston on Stour)

Information on transport from Warwickshire, including timetables, eligibility and how to apply for a bus pass is available from Warwickshire County Council: School transport – Warwickshire County Council

Please note that not all children living in Warwickshire will be entitled to passes for free transport.

If your child will be using transport from Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire

All parents should contact Mike Baker (Bakers Coaches) on 01608 652178 to reserve a place on the bus. Bakers Coaches will make a charge to the parents.


Parents of children living in Worcestershire

Information on transport from Worcestershire, including timetables ,eligibility and how to apply is available from Worcestershire County Council: School and college travel assistance | Worcestershire County Council

If your Council Tax is payable to Worcestershire County Council and Chipping Campden School is your nearest secondary school you may be entitled to free transport. Please note that not all children living in Warwickshire will be entitled to passes for free transport.

If you pay your Council Tax to Gloucestershire but have a WR postcode, apply to Gloucestershire for a bus pass.


Students walking to school

Students walking to school should access/egress via the Old School Drive entrance, off Station Road.


Students travelling by car

Please note, parents are not permitted to use the School Car Park at drop off and pick up times, due to the number of buses on site and in order to come students embarking/disembarking safe.  Please drop off/arrange to meet your child in a convenient location in the town centre. Students should then access the school via Old School Drive.

Parents collecting children are asked to park legally and with consideration for our neighbours and emergency vehicle passage.


Available Downloads


School Calendar

March 2023
27 28 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
jsanderson thin
sixth from thin
studyhere thin
term dates